June's Zucchini Pie

Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. You can use it in so many ways: grill it, roast it, mix it into baked goods, savory pancakes, but my new favorite way is June’s Zucchini Pie. This recipe came from my friend Kims’ mom who is a great cook.  Kim said she's been making this since she was little.  In all my time spent at their house as a kid, I never had it but I realize now that is probably because it was eaten up so quickly!

Aside from some slicing, this is super easy to make and smells delicious baking! You can make it in a pie dish or pour it into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. It is similar to a quiche in the consistency, but the best part is that you don’t have to make a pie crust.

Serve it along with a salad for a light lunch or dinner, as a side dish, or just as a snack as is the way I enjoyed much of it. I literally could not stop myself from cutting off little squares of it each time I went into the kitchen…I think I ate half of it alone the afternoon I made it!  Enjoy!

June's Zucchini Pie


Heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your pans by smearing with shortening or a spray of PAM.

3 cup thinly sliced zucchini (about 4 small)
1 cup Bisquick mix
½ cup finely chopped onions
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp parsley
½ tsp salt
½ garlic salt
½ tsp oregano leaves
½ cup (Mazola) corn oil
1 clove garlic (chopped)
4 eggs – slightly beaten
Dash of pepper

Mix all ingredients together; pour into 2 pie pans or a 9 by 13 inch oblong pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.


Comments

  1. I think i heard about this pie from annie...yum. I am making it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same recipe for the Zucchini PIe, but I lost it. Nice to have it again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts