Chili and Cupcakes


Yesterday was Mother's Day and we woke up to 32 degrees and snow outside!!! That being said, we've been experiencing a cold spell. What better way to take care of that than with some comfort food.

Tonight I made a turkey chili that was featured in Table Hopping magazine, a free CNY paper here in Syracuse that features area nightlife and restaurant. It's an easy, tasty chili recipe that doesn't need hours and hours on the stove. It was paired up with some cornbread but I cheated and made mine with a pre-packaged Martha White cornbread mix. You add milk and eggs and it's fairly close to homemade...or at least we thought so!

I've been in the mood for cupcakes lately so to finish off the meal I made some Duncan Hines Classic Yellow cupcakes for us which will be iced with the Classic White icing. I also used my mini antique heart-shaped cake tins. They were purchased on our Ohio road trip last summer at an antique shop in Lebanon, Ohio.

They are cooling in the kitchen right now and, I think, are ready to be iced! Yum!



Comments

Popular Posts