Post-game pizza report


My kitchen is covered with flour, and so was I, but the pizza turned out really well! Homemade pizza that turned out edible always seemed to me like it would be difficult, but the recipe was relatively easy despite not having a food processor to make the dough. I mixed it with my hands and kneaded the dough a few extra times when I turned it out onto the counter.

I've never made any kind of dough before that had to rise, so my advice is that when the directions state to leave it someplace warm to rise it needs to be about 70 degrees. My kitchen was a little chilly before the oven was turned on and therefore the dough didn't double in size as it should have. Placing it near the stove once it was warmed up did the trick.

The sauce was super easy and quick to make. However, if you're not into any chunks in your sauce, you can use an immersion blender once the sauce is cooked (and slightly cooled) to smooth it out.

One of the reasons the parchment paper noted in the recipe comes in handy is so that the pizza can slide onto the hot pizza stone. Well...'someone' (me) ran out of parchment paper for the second pizza and while it came out better overall, it was a little wrinkly because we had some troubles with the transfer from counter top to pizza stone.

We ended up making two pizzas and here are the pictures. The two slices are from the first pie...





Comments

Popular Posts